Brazil have released the list of players to play the upcoming friendlies against Panama and Czech Republic ahead of the next international break. The squad announced by coach Tite is a 23 man squad featuring some new faces and surprise … Read More »
Paris Saint Germain ace Neymar was spotted looking frustrated at the Barcelona airport, on hearing the news that he will not be undergoing any surgical operations and faces more than two months on the sidelines. As Neymar touched down in … Read More »
Is Brazil international Neymar more of a marketing phenom. He is quite a gifted footballer but would he ever reach that height so expected of him? His move to Paris St-Germain raised the profile of the club but the club … Read More »
Barcelona midfielder Rafinha has heaped praise on compatriot Arthur, who has made a strong start with the Spanish champions. The 21-year-old joined the Blaugrana from Gremio earlier this month and the Brazilian has since made his mark after scoring in … Read More »
Rodrigo Possebon the Former Manchester United prospect is trying to revive his fading career. He is planning to join Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) FC in Vietnam. Rodrigo Possebon was once a highly rated young player and was an attacking … Read More »
Fernando Cavenaghi’s career underlines this. A leader of the line at River Plate when he was only 20 years of age, Cavenaghi promptly attracted the interest of Juventus and a number of other clubs from around Europe’s elite leagues but … Read More »
Former Liverpool and England striker Peter Crouch has been impressed with the manner that Liverpool has beaten Manchester City in the first leg of their Champions League tie. He said that he did not expect Liverpool to play like this … Read More »
Former Manchester United midfielder Rodrigo Possebon believes that Brazil can win the next World Cup in Russia. He said that the team has developed a lot during the past year and that there are no reasons why they cannot win … Read More »
Brazil are traditionally considered to be as the best national team when it comes to football and this is due to various reasons.
One of those reasons is because they have lifted the FIFA World Cup title more than any other national squad with 5 titles being won.
Another reason why Brazil is regularly being hailed as one of the best football squads after each year is because of the world class Brazilian players with the likes of: Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Pele, Kaka, Garrincha and the list of superstars hailing from Brazil goes on further.
However, in recent times, the Brazilian national side has struggled and was even humiliated during the 2014 FIFA World Cup after losing 1-7 to Germany and 4 days after that, plunging to a 0-3 defeat against Netherlands.
Luis Felipe Scolari was the head coach of Brazil during this period of time and following these defeats, he opted to resign and was replaced by Dunga who only lasted 2 years and was sacked after more underwhelming results.
The current coach of Brazil is Tite and according to Neymar, the Brazilian national side is returning to their glory days and getting back to their usual self.
Neymar believes that this resurgence from Brazil is mainly due to the head coach Tite as the 25 year old player said:
“Tite has changed Selecao. He’s an excellent coach, with great technical knowledge and he respects every professional. The good results are back, confidence too, and I think Brazil is, indeed, one of the favorites for the World Cup”
The 2018 edition of the FIFA World Cup is scheduled to initiate on June 14 of 2018 and it’s the tournament that Brazil needs in order to re-establish themselves as top national team and try to forget about their high-profile defeats against Germany and Netherlands.
According to Neymar, Brazil is indeed back in form and ready to topple against the rest of the world.
Former Chelsea star Oscar had been handed eight game ban for his involvement in a brawl during a Chinese Super League brawl.
The Brazil international triggered the brawl when Shanghai SIPG clashed with Guangzhou R&F.
Oscar fired the ball intentionally at opponents two times forcing the Guangzhou players to rush at him, triggering a brawl. He fell to the ground as others joined in. The Chinese Football Association (CFA) reviewed the case before delivering a verdict of eight game ban and a fine of $6,000. The same ban was issued to three others that were principal sinners.
The 25-year old shocked the football community when he agreed to a move to China despite being in the prime of his career at Stamford Bridge and playing a critical role in the Brazilian national team. He is one of the biggest players in the Chinese Super League after his record €60 million move to SIPG.
After the brawl, Oscar escaped booking until the panel reviewed the case, finding him guilty of sparking the incident. He is not expected to return to football until August. This might affect Coach Andre Villas-Boas’ plan as the second placed SIPG hope to topple league leaders Guangzhou Evergrande. SIPG are set to meet the rivals on July 22 which Oscar would now sit out.
The brawl led to participation from other players, coaches and others. The league management could not let such go unattended. Two payers were sent off from each side: SIPG’s Fu Han and Guangzhou’s Li Tixiang. The CFAbanned Huan for six games while Tixiang got five games ban. Oscar was likely extended as he was not red carded in the game despite causing the brawl.
The CFA banned Qin Sheng for six months in March for stomping intentionally an opponent. All these are measures to protect the reputation of the league the CFA claims. Oscar denies intentional effort but any appeal by SIPG would likely be futile.