PIQUE PLAYS DOWN CLASH

22 May

Gerard Pique has rubbished reports that he and Barcelona’s outgoing coach, Pep Guardiola do not see eye to eye.
“I have never had a problem with Guardiola and we have always said things face to face when we had to” said Pique in response to rumours suggesting he was happy to see Barca’s most successful ever coach leaving the club.
Guardiola has led Barca to three La Liga crowns, a Copa del Rey and two Champions Leagues in his four year spell at the Catalan giants. Pique has become a key part of Guardiola’s team since joining from Manchester United at the same time as the coach was appointed in 2008.

Recent reports that the two have always had a frosty relationship have been dismissed by the defender, who praised Guardiola’s contribution over the last four years.

Pique described the way things work “at big clubs” as explaining why Guardiola is leaving. “At a big club like this, you know you are just passing through, but I want to stay here for many years.” “If Guardiola is not staying it is because there is something that made him realise that it was time to go.”

Pique was also keen to praise Tot Vilanova who will replace Guardiola next season. Vilanova has been Guardiola’s assistant but will now step up to the top job next year and the move was, according to Pique, welcomed amongst the Barca squad.

“Inside the dressing room we were not surprised that Tito Vilanova will be the new coach”. Barca, and Pique will be looking to end the Guardiola era on a high with victory in the Copa Del Rey final against Athletic Bilbao on Friday night. Win or Lose though, Guardiola will be remembered as a Barcelona legend and Vilanova will have quite an act to follow. The backing of the likes of Pique will be essential.

Uncategorized

POSSEBON CONTRACT NOT BEING RENEWED

13 Dec

Despite being regarded as one of the brightest young talents for Brazil in the last few years, it seems that the career of Rodrigo Possebon is coming to a halt. The former Manchester United midfielder injured himself while playing for Manchester United, and he has not been the same ever since.

The latest stumbling block for the midfielder came after the news that Brazilian club Santos will not be renewing his contract after this season and he is free to move to another club. Manchester United signed the Brazilian in August 2010, but he suffered a major injury when Middlesbrough player Emanuel Pogatetz broke his leg with a harsh tackle.

Manchester United struggled to bring him back to the level he once was. He was allowed to leave to his hometown club Santos after failing to make it into the Manchester United squad. It was thought that the return to Brazil may help him recover some of its lost talent, but it seems that Rodrigo Possebon has not recovered at all. He has been in the fringes of the Santos first team since returning from Manchester United, but he has been unable to break through into the first-team. Now, the team is preparing for the Club World Cup, and they have announced that Rodrigo Possebon is not in their plans for the future.

This would come as a major blow for the midfielder, who would have hoped to recover from the huge injury. Rodrigo Possebon is not the only player who is allowed to leave Santos at the end of the season, as he will be joined by Leandro Silva and Eder Lima. Rodrigo Possebon was expected to make it big at Old Trafford ahead of the Da Silva brothers, but his career has gone the wrong way quickly since then.

Uncategorized