Fernando Cavenaghi’s career underlines this. A leader of the line at River Plate when he was only 20 years of age, Cavenaghi promptly attracted the interest of Juventus and a number of other clubs from around Europe’s elite leagues but … Read More »
Former Liverpool and England striker Peter Crouch has been impressed with the manner that Liverpool has beaten Manchester City in the first leg of their Champions League tie. He said that he did not expect Liverpool to play like this … Read More »
Former Manchester United midfielder Rodrigo Possebon believes that Brazil can win the next World Cup in Russia. He said that the team has developed a lot during the past year and that there are no reasons why they cannot win … Read More »
Brazil are traditionally considered to be as the best national team when it comes to football and this is due to various reasons.
One of those reasons is because they have lifted the FIFA World Cup title more than any other national squad with 5 titles being won.
Another reason why Brazil is regularly being hailed as one of the best football squads after each year is because of the world class Brazilian players with the likes of: Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Pele, Kaka, Garrincha and the list of superstars hailing from Brazil goes on further.
However, in recent times, the Brazilian national side has struggled and was even humiliated during the 2014 FIFA World Cup after losing 1-7 to Germany and 4 days after that, plunging to a 0-3 defeat against Netherlands.
Luis Felipe Scolari was the head coach of Brazil during this period of time and following these defeats, he opted to resign and was replaced by Dunga who only lasted 2 years and was sacked after more underwhelming results.
The current coach of Brazil is Tite and according to Neymar, the Brazilian national side is returning to their glory days and getting back to their usual self.
Neymar believes that this resurgence from Brazil is mainly due to the head coach Tite as the 25 year old player said:
“Tite has changed Selecao. He’s an excellent coach, with great technical knowledge and he respects every professional. The good results are back, confidence too, and I think Brazil is, indeed, one of the favorites for the World Cup”
The 2018 edition of the FIFA World Cup is scheduled to initiate on June 14 of 2018 and it’s the tournament that Brazil needs in order to re-establish themselves as top national team and try to forget about their high-profile defeats against Germany and Netherlands.
According to Neymar, Brazil is indeed back in form and ready to topple against the rest of the world.
Former Chelsea star Oscar had been handed eight game ban for his involvement in a brawl during a Chinese Super League brawl.
The Brazil international triggered the brawl when Shanghai SIPG clashed with Guangzhou R&F.
Oscar fired the ball intentionally at opponents two times forcing the Guangzhou players to rush at him, triggering a brawl. He fell to the ground as others joined in. The Chinese Football Association (CFA) reviewed the case before delivering a verdict of eight game ban and a fine of $6,000. The same ban was issued to three others that were principal sinners.
The 25-year old shocked the football community when he agreed to a move to China despite being in the prime of his career at Stamford Bridge and playing a critical role in the Brazilian national team. He is one of the biggest players in the Chinese Super League after his record €60 million move to SIPG.
After the brawl, Oscar escaped booking until the panel reviewed the case, finding him guilty of sparking the incident. He is not expected to return to football until August. This might affect Coach Andre Villas-Boas’ plan as the second placed SIPG hope to topple league leaders Guangzhou Evergrande. SIPG are set to meet the rivals on July 22 which Oscar would now sit out.
The brawl led to participation from other players, coaches and others. The league management could not let such go unattended. Two payers were sent off from each side: SIPG’s Fu Han and Guangzhou’s Li Tixiang. The CFAbanned Huan for six games while Tixiang got five games ban. Oscar was likely extended as he was not red carded in the game despite causing the brawl.
The CFA banned Qin Sheng for six months in March for stomping intentionally an opponent. All these are measures to protect the reputation of the league the CFA claims. Oscar denies intentional effort but any appeal by SIPG would likely be futile.
On January of 2008, Rodrigo Possebon was signed by Manchester United when he was only 17 years old and the Brazilian player actually managed to break into the first team but an injury forced him to stay out of the pitch for a significantly long period of time and he was eventually offloaded to Santos on August of 2010.
From there on out, the playing career of Rodrigo Possebon has been taking a downhill spiral as he has joined a number of Brazilian clubs including: Cricuma, Mirassol, Juventude, Nautico and his current club URT.
In every single one of those clubs, Possebon has struggled to make over 10 appearances and the 28 year old player has admitted in saying that the best experience of his playing career was way back when he was performing with Manchester United.
‘’It was the greatest experience of my life in terms of football, to live together with such great players and a legend as a manager. Unfortunately in football you are never fully protected against injuries and I was on the receiving end of a bad tackle against Middlesbrough but it could be much worse, that tackle could have broken my leg as people thought at the time that didn’t happen, thank God’’ Rodrigo Possebon said as he talked about his time spent in Manchester United and the injury that seriously hampered his playing career.
Rodrigo Possebon is 28 years old which means that he has a few more years left in him to perform at a very high level and the Brazilian player on numerous occasions has expressed his desire on making a return to Old Trafford and be a player of Manchester United as he wants to have a 2nd chance of proving his worth with the English Premier League club.
Rodrigo Possebon is a Brazilian midfielder who used to perform with Manchester United back when he was only 17 years old and he had a promising future but a nasty tackle slowed down his progress in the Premier League club as Possebon had to stay out of the playing grounds for 1 month.
The 27 year old central midfielder joined Manchester United back on January of 2008 when he was only 17 years of age but his time spent in Old Trafford was unmemorable as Possebon made less than 5 appearances and he eventually decided to make a move to the Brazilian outfit Santos.
Despite going through such an unremarkable period of time as a player of Manchester United, there were rumors going on suggesting that Rodrigo Possebon was actually interested in making a return to the Premier League club and the Brazilian player himself stated that despite it being so short and not making a truly big impact in his own career, his time spent in Old Trafford was the best in his entire career as Possebon said:
“I was 17 and I lived through things at United that money could not buy.It was the greatest experience of my life in terms of football, to live together with such great players and a legend as a manager. Unfortunately in football you are never fully protected against injuries and I was on the receiving end of a bad tackle against Middlesbrough.
“But I have a great desire, and ambition to come back and play in England. I still think that there is no better place to play, in all terms and aspects: the level of the leagues, clubs, organization, the structure, atmosphere and the environment are just fabulous. I like the fans, cities and the quality of life is good. So now I’m back, looking for a club.”
Despite showing an interest in making a return to English football, Rodrigo Possebon has never returned after leaving Manchester United and he instead has just gone on to join numerous Brazilian clubs.
Manchester City summer signing Gabriel Jesus has been named the Brazilian Player of the Year, according to reports.
The youngster is set to finally resume in Etihad next month following his £27 million move. The Brazilian sensation could not resume immediately as he had to end the season.
The player helped his club Palmeiras to heir first title in 22 years. Despite his numerous games for the country, the player contributed 12 goals to secure the title for his former club.
The 19-year old was on duty and was instrumental as the nation won their first gold medal at the Olympics. He was eventually drafted to the senior team where he has been a great addition.
“It’s a big thrill to be here but I owe it to my teammates. I didn’t dream of being here. It makes me very happy,” the player said.
Others that have won the same award – Bola de Ouro – include former Barcelona playmaker Ronaldinho and current Barcelona forward Neymar Jr.
Jesus recently visited Man City where he is set to be available for selection from January. The No. 9 was pictured with City manager Pep Guardiola, the director of football Txiki Begiristain, and compatriots Fernando and Fernandinho at a dinner. The player later revealed than Guardiola wanted him to watch his diet.
“He seemed a great person. Everyone knows his coaching quality, but the character is more important. Our first meeting was good. He’s a technician who like Brazilians.
“He gave me a plan. Since he first called me, our contact has been very good,” Jesus said.
“Guardiola gave me a hard time, saying I can’t drink coke. I don’t even like it,” he joked.
City started the campaign well but seem to have faltered along the way.
South American giants Argentina and Brazil are set to clash in a keenly-awaited World Cup qualifer during the international break
The very important clash is going to be a key decider to which nations would represent CONMEBOL in Russia 2018. Brazil is set to host their opposition, where Barcelona stars Lionel Messi and Neymar would play in opposing sides.
Argentina are hoping that their Messi-ah would be in his best form as they really need a victory to breath life into their World Cup qualifying campaign. They currently place sixth while Brazil’s recent surge has lifted them to the top of the standings. Messi has been missing in Argentina’s last three qualifiers due to injury. In his absence, they played a draw with Venezuela and Peru before losing to Paraguay. The results posted a seriosu backlash for top Argentine stars Sergio Aguero and Gonzalo Higuain who lost chances.
Mauro Icardi remains left out of the Argentine squad, and the recent results have intensified calls that the Inter Milan star be called up. Argentine coach Edgardo Bauza rather claimed that Higuain would be starting ahead of Aguero in the muct-win match. Messi is set to lead the team in the all-important war. The only victory Bauza has supervised has Messi play.
After the sanctions on Bolivia by FIFA, giving ‘extrapoints’ to Chile, Argentina has been fuming.
“obviously we are angry about Chile, but just have to focus on out games – nothing more,” Nicolas Otamendi said. Otamendi, a Manchester City defender, is expected to play when they visit Brazil at Helo Horizonte.
Brazil have been in impressive form since current manager Tite took over. They are expected to get a victory at home to seal their qualification hopes, but it would be a real cracker against the hungry Argentine side.
Possebon wishes to return to his football career in England after failing to impress at United in 2009.
The Ex-Manchester United midfielder, Rodrigo Pereira Possebon dreams of a return to England after seeing his career prospects dwindle since leaving Old Trafford in 2009 as he has no recorded competitive goal till date.
The former Italy youth international made eight appearances for the club during two years as a professional but an injury suffered in a League Cup tie derailed his career.
It represents a sad decline for the 27-year-old who feels he still has much still to offer English football. The tragedy in Possebon’s career, which showed so much promise at United, started with an injury suffered against Middlesbrough when a tackle from Emanuel Pogatetz, though not as serious as initially feared, ordered him out for a month and led to him slipping out of contention under the then manager, Sir Alex Ferguson.
Possebon joined Braga on loan prior to his permanent exit but the player has ambitions of returning to British shores in the near future as the midfielder scored no goal at Braga as well.
“Unfortunately in football you are never fully protected against injuries and I was on the receiving end of a bad tackle against Middlesbrough,” the ex-United young midfielder told Yahoo Sport.
“But it could be much worse, that tackle could have broken my leg as people thought at the time, but that didn’t happen, I thank God.
Since Possebon departed from the 20-time English league champions, his career has been on a downward trajectory. He joined Santos on a free transfer fee before moving to Sao Jose. Italian side Vicenza, Criciuma and Mirassol Futebol Clube followed, Al-Riffa in Bahrain, prior to his latest switch which sees him to his current club, União Recreativa dos Trabalhadores.